May 22, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up: Birthday Carpe Rapture Edition





My birthday was Friday, so this weekend was jam-packed with friends, food & bad (Read: AWESOME) rapture jokes. Mary Katherine's birthday is the day before mine, so our Friday morning Pancake Run started off the birthday festivities. Mary Katherine got me a tiara & sash to wear during the breakfast & our server brought me a serving of birthday pancakes. Love my Pancake Girls!

Continuing my birthday food parade, my friend Chrissi treated me to lunch & gave me an awesome pair of earrings, to boot! Then that night, my girl gang treated me to dinner at Woodlands Indian. My friend Katie has been sewing up a storm lately, so I was super excited to receive a handmade tote bag from her. Katie is also a master baker & blew us all away with my birthday s'mores cake. OMG, it was sooooo good! At the end of the night, they surprised me with a gift card to Green Hills Mall, which was so generous & unexpected. I may or may not have cried into my naan...

Saturday was just going to be a low-key dinner with friends at a local Mexican restaurant, but fueled by the excitement of not being raptured, it quickly turned into a 6-hour tour de Nashville, including drinks at No. 308 & karaoke at Fran's Eastside. At some point after drinking a 32 ounce mason jar full of god knows what at No. 308, I started shouting, "Carpe Rapture!" at everyone & everything, taxidermy lynx included (& exhaustively photographed).

Clearly, there was only one thing to do with me at this point: take me to a karaoke bar, albeit one where the patrons buck the law by A) still smoking inside & B) running a very successful (so I hear) meth ring in the parking lot. Also, the bartender, who I lovingly refer to as 'Fran' signals last call by commandeering the mic & belting out a stirring rendition of "Short Dick Man". And let me tell you, nothing makes you close your tab & exit an establishment faster than a 4 foot, toothless, possibly inbred, "woman" sitting open legged (in a skirt) singing about what it takes to satisfy her sexually.

Thanks to everyone who made this birthday the BEST BIRTHDAY WEEKEND EVER. I love you all! And to those of you who I'm not celebrating with until this coming weekend, prepare yourselves, ha ha ha.

Full birthday/carpe rapture photostream here.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ohhh man, the karoke bar description put me off my breakfast this morning!

The Blonde Mule said...

Hahaha - thanks, Stephanie!

Anonymous said...

Two things: 1) love the new design of your blog and 2) LOVED the play by play of the weekends' festivities..., especially the "Carpe Rapture" (can't stop laughing) totally reminds me of the good 'ole days when we were in school. Miss you SO much!
-W.C.

The Blonde Mule said...

Katy! I started messing with my blog layout over the weekend. I need to finish it. Thanks for noticing! And thanks for calling on my birthday. Miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...