July 28, 2014

Half Ironman 70.3 Training: Week 11


This was a taper week in preparation for Music City Triathlon. I wasn't sure how I was going to taper, but I ended up following a combination of my taper weeks from Tri Fall Creek Falls & Mach Tenn.

Here's what my training looked like:

Swim:

60 minute NAC Masters swim
400m Nashville Dolphins Open Water Swim

Bike:

1:40 hour bike ride (20 miles)
Avg mph:  12.8

1:05 hour bike ride (12.28 miles)
Avg mph:  11.2
2 mile brick (20:59 minutes)

Run:

3.80 mile run (43:58 minutes)

I did the Monday Night Ladies Ride again this week & loved it! I was a little nervous because it was my first time riding the PW 11.2, but I did great! I climbed, I shifted AND I kept up with the group. It was a good ride. We rode the Boulevard first, then the 11.2 & finished with another lap around the Boulevard.

I always lose weight during taper weeks. I'm sure there's some science behind it, but I don't know what it is. Regardless, I lost a pound this week, bringing my total weight loss to... THIRTY POUNDS! Sooo thanks, body!

Music City Triathlon race recap coming soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...