July 5, 2008

Christmas in July



Last Christmas John & I went to Oklahoma & stayed with my grandparents for a couple of days. In less than 72 hours, John transformed right before my eyes. He's always had a penchant for plaid snap shirts & polyester pants, but Oklahoma changed him. Oklahoma made him a cowboy, if only for a few days.

On our last night there, my grandparents took us to eat at Cattlemen's Steakhouse in the Stockyards. Home to Oklahoma's finest steak, and a shit-ton of western wear stores. John's head almost exploded. Livestock, steak & western wear all on the same block? Yessiree, Bob. Over dinner & a $100 worth of Wrangler shirts later, my grandfather was telling John about his collection of vintage bolo ties. John's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. Well, simultaneously, and to John's dismay, my eyes darkened & I quickly vetoed the bolo tie idea. Six plus months later & John still hasn't forgiven me for destroying his life long dream of owning bolo ties.

My grandparents came into town this week. Unbeknownst to John, I got in touch with them before they left & asked them to bring said bolo ties, so I could finally get some peace. They brought them & gave them to John yesterday. God bless him, he wore one all day, even when we went to this hipster East Nashville party to watch the fireworks. Guys in skinny jeans, tight tees & vests & John in his bolo tie. This is why I love him.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16828091@N04/sets/72157605986277044/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...