August 13, 2008

Hump Day

The Silver Beats show last night was amazing. I initially balked at the $18 cover, but it was so worth it. They played for over an hour. There weren't a whole lot of people there, but the people that were there knew the words to all the songs & sang along & danced. It was a lot of fun. Oh, and Michelle Branch was there. According to Wikipedia, she lives in Belle Meade. Who knew? Anyway, she was cute & very into the show.

So this morning was the hardest Bikini Boot Camp to date. I don't know if it was because I didn't get enough sleep or what, but I almost died. Seriously. We had to run suicide drills. I don't know if any of you ever played basketball, but if you did then you know what I'm talking about. Seriously, thoughts of death at 6:00 this morning. And that's not even the bad part. To get us "warmed up" at the beginning of class we did this thing called the pyramid where you do jumping jacks for 1 minute, then immediately transition into high knee raises. You start out at 1 minute & go down to 10 seconds, then (without breaks) you work your way back up to 1 minute. So it was 1 minute of jumping jacks, 1 minute of knee raises, then 45 seconds of jumping jacks, 45 seconds of knee raises & then 30 seconds, 15 seconds, etc. Doesn't sound hard? Back away from your computer & try it. You won't be able to use your calves for the rest of the day.

We also had to do a lot of plank & side plank. Plank is not my friend, but I'm getting better at it. When I 1st started, I couldn't even do plank & now I can do both regular & side plank (which is hard as shit). But I'm developing what I call "plank elbows". My elbows have become nothing short of reptilian. Yeah, it's awesome. I'm thinking about writing Bliss Labs & suggesting some sort of "plank elbow" salve or overnight cream. I'm serious.

In closing (and in pain), I leave you with this:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...