July 2, 2010

Warby Parker Glasses


Back in 2010, I found out about Warby Parker and immediately tried to order five pairs of glasses to try on at home. Alas, they were sold out. I signed up to be alerted when they re-stocked. Desperate for new glasses, a few months later I tried again, to no avail. I gave up and went to SEE, where I bought my last pair of glasses. The pair I picked out would be $350. I had heard good things about Optique and they accept my insurance, so I went there, had an eye exam and picked out new glasses, also for around $300.

That same day I got an email from Warby Parker - my order was en route! They have the best customer service! Seriously, they were so nice and apologetic about how long I had to wait. Plus, the girl I talked to helped me decide on the frames AND colors. She was so helpful! I love these people.

Below are the five pairs I picked out. I've crossed Hudson and Huxley off the list. I'm on the fence about the Coltons. I think it's the color that's throwing me. My favorite style is Zagg, with Japhy coming in second. I put the pictures in order of the ones I like best, Zagg on top.


Zagg


Japhy

Colton

Hudson

Huxley

My problem with my second choice, Japhy, is that they're really similar to the pair I currently have and I want it to be obvious that I'm wearing new/different glasses. Thoughts? Favorites?

Once I decide which glasses I want, I ship these back, give Warby Parker my prescription and they send me my new $95 glasses! They said the turn around is really fast, like 1-2 weeks fast. I'm so excited! And did I mention that for every pair they sale, they give a pair away to someone in need? How awesome is that?


P.S. This post is from 2010. Read an updated post here!

P.P.S. I partnered with Warby Parker in 2014 to launch their Concentric Collection.

8 comments:

alexis said...

I like Japhy and Colton. Japhy is a good safe bet, but people (I) would think you were so cool and stylish if you had the guts to pull off Colton.

A Side of Rice said...

Def. the Zaggs. However, I'm probably partial because they remind me alot of my glasses. The Colton is cool, but i don't like the coloring against your skin and hair because it makes you look a bit washed out, whereas the dark frames add some interesting contrast to your coloring. My 2 cents.

Mom said...

Japhy is my favorite, fits your face, eye shape, but still looks cool and different.

Panda Parables said...

i kinda like the color of the colton's with your skin tone! i also like the japhy's.

muggins mouse said...

japhy!! so cute!

i too, love optique!! :)

Delaney Mae said...

Oh! I used to see Dr. Sonsino when he was at Vandy. He's super! I go to Ducklo and love them (my Dr's name is Lemoncelli, which is very close to Limoncello).

The Blonde Mule said...

I know everyone is partial to Zaphy, but I went with my first love, Zagg. After a week of making everyone I know look at me in these glasses, I realized that Zagg looks the best in person. It's weird because Zaphy does look better in the pics. Whatever, I bought Zagg. I should have them within 10 business days. I'm so excited!

Yay, Warby Parker!

Eva said...

thanks for posting this, i was so set on getting the huxley's, but seeing this the zagg's look so good!

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...