July 2, 2010

Warby Parker Glasses


Back in 2010, I found out about Warby Parker and immediately tried to order five pairs of glasses to try on at home. Alas, they were sold out. I signed up to be alerted when they re-stocked. Desperate for new glasses, a few months later I tried again, to no avail. I gave up and went to SEE, where I bought my last pair of glasses. The pair I picked out would be $350. I had heard good things about Optique and they accept my insurance, so I went there, had an eye exam and picked out new glasses, also for around $300.

That same day I got an email from Warby Parker - my order was en route! They have the best customer service! Seriously, they were so nice and apologetic about how long I had to wait. Plus, the girl I talked to helped me decide on the frames AND colors. She was so helpful! I love these people.

Below are the five pairs I picked out. I've crossed Hudson and Huxley off the list. I'm on the fence about the Coltons. I think it's the color that's throwing me. My favorite style is Zagg, with Japhy coming in second. I put the pictures in order of the ones I like best, Zagg on top.


Zagg


Japhy

Colton

Hudson

Huxley

My problem with my second choice, Japhy, is that they're really similar to the pair I currently have and I want it to be obvious that I'm wearing new/different glasses. Thoughts? Favorites?

Once I decide which glasses I want, I ship these back, give Warby Parker my prescription and they send me my new $95 glasses! They said the turn around is really fast, like 1-2 weeks fast. I'm so excited! And did I mention that for every pair they sale, they give a pair away to someone in need? How awesome is that?


P.S. This post is from 2010. Read an updated post here!

P.P.S. I partnered with Warby Parker in 2014 to launch their Concentric Collection.

8 comments:

alexis said...

I like Japhy and Colton. Japhy is a good safe bet, but people (I) would think you were so cool and stylish if you had the guts to pull off Colton.

Jessica Wilson said...

Def. the Zaggs. However, I'm probably partial because they remind me alot of my glasses. The Colton is cool, but i don't like the coloring against your skin and hair because it makes you look a bit washed out, whereas the dark frames add some interesting contrast to your coloring. My 2 cents.

Mom said...

Japhy is my favorite, fits your face, eye shape, but still looks cool and different.

Panda Parables said...

i kinda like the color of the colton's with your skin tone! i also like the japhy's.

muggins mouse said...

japhy!! so cute!

i too, love optique!! :)

Delaney Mae said...

Oh! I used to see Dr. Sonsino when he was at Vandy. He's super! I go to Ducklo and love them (my Dr's name is Lemoncelli, which is very close to Limoncello).

The Blonde Mule said...

I know everyone is partial to Zaphy, but I went with my first love, Zagg. After a week of making everyone I know look at me in these glasses, I realized that Zagg looks the best in person. It's weird because Zaphy does look better in the pics. Whatever, I bought Zagg. I should have them within 10 business days. I'm so excited!

Yay, Warby Parker!

Eva said...

thanks for posting this, i was so set on getting the huxley's, but seeing this the zagg's look so good!

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...