October 23, 2008

Barbecued Turkey Joes


I made a new recipe tonight -bbq turkey sloppy joes. My man loves a sloppy joe, so when I saw a recipe for a healthier version, I decided to try it. They were good as shit! Seriously. Make these for your boyfriend/husband/random male hitchhiker -whoever! They'll love you for it. Or just make them for yourself if you're feeling "sloppy".....

Barbecued Turkey Joes
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min

Ingredients

1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped
1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup barbecue sauce
4 medium mixed-grain hamburger rolls, sliced in half

Instructions
Brown turkey in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, about 8-10 minutes.
Drain off liquid. Add peppers & onion & cook until tender, about 3 minutes.

Add barbecue sauce & cayenne pepper, heat thoroughly, stirring frequently.

Top bottom half of buns with turkey mixture; cover with top half of bun & serve.


I only made half the recipe & it still was enough for me to have 1 sandwich & John to have 2. I also made these Ore-Ida spicy crinkle fries. The fries kind of made it.

Bon appetit!

2 comments:

Acorn + Archer said...

sounds yummy!!

the orange bicycle said...

when are you not feeling "sloppy", you dirty dirty girl?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...