February 18, 2009

Like v. Don't Like

My dry, sensitive, winter skin has turned against me. In an effort to not scratch myself to death, I've bought some new products.


Like:

Mario Badescu Almond & Honey Face Scrub


I LOVE this product! I rotate between Kiehl's Buffing Cream & Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub, but this scrub from Mario Badescu beats them all. Plus, it smells really good. I'm a fan. If you're in need of a facial scrub, I highly recommend this one. Cosmetic Market has it for around $15.


Sidenote: I also use Mario Badescu Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream. I've used a couple of his eye creams & they're all awesome. If you can't tell, I'm a big fan of this line.


Don't Like:

Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Shea Butter Body Wash


I typically use Dove Sensitive Skin bodywash, but I've recently questioned whether or not this is the best thing, since apparently it contains sodium laurel sulfate. I'm going to be honest, I don't really know what sodium laurel sulfate is or why it's allegedly bad for your skin, but I thought I'd try a bodywash without it. Wrong! First of all, the little bottle of Burt's Bees was $8, which is more than I typically pay for a drugstore brand bodywash. Secondly, I'm a week in & I'm already halfway through the bottle. This product doesn't lather & it doesn't cover a lot of ground. I find myself pouring more into my loofah every time I get to another body part. Also, my skin feels a little dry when I get out of the shower, probably because it's not coated in "chemicals". When I finish this bottle, which should be any day now, I'm going back to Dove.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...