May 22, 2009

Don't Phunk With My Salsa

I've used 2 recipes out of my new Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book. Both turned out really well. Here's the first one.

Black-Eyed Peas Salsa
Prep: 15 minutes Chill: overnight Makes: 2 cups

1 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed & drained
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion (2)
1/4 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 to 2 fresh jalapeno chile peppers, seeded & chopped
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
Tortilla chips or assorted crackers

1. In a bowl combine black-eyed peas, green onion, sweet pepper, oil, vinegar, jalapeno pepper, black pepper, dash salt, & garlic. Cover & chill overnight. Serve with tortilla chips.

Kim's notes: I left out the green onion because I hate green onion. I used extra-virgin olive oil for the cooking oil. I've also found it helpful to listen to the Black Eyed Peas while making black-eyed peas. Enjoy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...