June 24, 2009

Jab! Cross! Repeat!

I feel like I've gained 100 lbs in the past month. All of my clothes are tight, I'm in a constant state of hunger, & I'm too tired (read: lazy) to work out. Well, that all changed today. Today I dragged my old, tired, out of shape ass to the Downtown Y for kickboxing. Back when I was a mere girl of 28, I used to take kickboxing at the Green Hills Y at least once a week. I loved it. And I was good at it.

I had a bad food day yesterday -ate like a bear. So I woke up today determined to do better. Ate a healthy breakfast, got to work & looked to see what the class schedule was at the Y. Kickboxing at 12:15. Done!

1) I was the fattest & worst dressed in the class.
2) The class was 60 minutes, not 45 like I'm used to.
3) I've still got it.

Apparently kickboxing is like riding a bike; you never forget. Who knew? You know what else I learned today? I'm competitive as shit. I was in a class of girls in their twenties, wearing gym outfits, all under 150 lbs & I not only kept up with them, I was kicking higher & harder than all of them by the end of the class. That's right bitches, there's still muscle in these enormous thighs.

So anyway, I had a blast. Oh, and I knew the teacher. He used to teach Step & Sculpt at the Green Hills Y. MK, you know who I'm talking about. His boyfriend used to take the classes & stand right behind him. The teacher is tall & thin & the boyfriend was shorter & had a Hitler mustache. Anyway, he used to annoy me, but I really liked him today, probably because he kept telling me I was doing a good job (I lied at the beginning of class & said I was a beginner).

So I think I'm going to try & go every Wed. I'm excited. I'm so sick of the elliptical & the treadmill, I could die. I also want to start using my Wii Fit. I haven't used it since I set it up & it told me I was obese. I guess I need to get on it & figure out what all it does. I don't even know. I think I'm also going to buy the Active personal trainer game for it. I keep seeing ads for it & it looks interesting. Plus, it's only like $30. $30 for an at-home personal trainer? Yeah, I'm totally buying that.

1 comment:

muggins mouse said...

So, I totally think we're workout "or lack thereof" twins. every word i read of yours on this post, i felt like it was something i had written!! i totally have been feeling the same way....it might be the heat??? :)

a few things:
1) wii fit. i too, suffer with it telling me that i'm a horrible human being. however, i find that if i can at least get on it for 30 mins on a day where i refuse to be subjected to the gym, and i do the strengh training or the yoga (OH - and the "free step" where you can step and watch tv at the same time - amazing!!) then i feel a bit better.

2) i am also bored with the elliptical and the stationery bike. the green hills y got those bikes that you can steer and that have video screens that makes you feel like you're riding on paths and stuff, so that's my new thing.

3) my other new thing is ZUMBA! omg. have you gone? if you ever want to go, it thursday nights at 6:30. there's the usual group class mentality, but i really enjoy it and it's not that intimidating. props to you for doing kickboxing. i'm too scared for that jazz.

anyway,sorry for writing a novel for a comment, but i felt that i related so much, i had to!

hope you are doing bueno! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...