March 4, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In: Thursday Edition

Finally, after 3 weeks at the same weight, this week I lost 0.5 lbs. Not much, but it's something. This brings my total weight loss to 9 lbs. In the beginning, I was working out sporadically, maybe 1-3 times a week. Most people find success with Weight Watchers sans exercise. I am not one of those people. I have to exercise to lose weight, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I do sincerely enjoy working out. I just don't have a lot of time for it this time of year.

For the past 3-4 weeks, I've been working out like a bandit. I've been riding the elliptical for 45 minutes in the morning, using My Fitness Coach on the Wii, & running outside or at the Y at least once a week.

I've also dramatically cut down on eating out. This time of year, I don't have much time in the mornings to make/pack a lunch, plus I have an intern who is more than willingly to run out & get me lunch every day. But I've been really good. I only go out for lunch on Fridays. And I've gotten better on the weekends, too. For the most part, I'm only eating out on Sat nights, opposed to Fri night, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, & Sun brunch. Huge difference!

So it's slow going, but it's definitely working. I'm running a 5K this Sat & I'm really looking forward to it because it's supposed to be warm this weekend. That'll be a nice change from the last 5K I did in the 20 degree snowy weather. My lungs hurt for days after that one.

P.S. Hey, this post is six years old! Here's where I am now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...