July 31, 2010

Weekend Baking: Zucchini Bread








My friend Megan brought me a huge zucchini from her garden, so I decided to try my hand at zucchini bread. Having no prior bread making experience, I scoured the internet for recipes & instructions on how to grate zucchini. (I assumed you just grate it like a block of cheese, but I wanted to make sure. P.S. That's exactly what you do.)

I used a culmination of recipes. Here's what I ended up with:

Zucchini Bread

Makes 2 loaves

Ingredients:
3 cups AP flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, soda & cinnamon together in a medium bowl.

Add eggs, oil, vanilla & sugar in a large bowl & beat with electric hand mixer. Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture & beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan & completely cool.

Bread will freeze well &/or keep in refrigerator for weeks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...