June 1, 2011

Unemployment


I unexpectedly lost my job in November & have spent the subsequent 6 months unemployed & looking for a full-time job. While those of you who know me personally have been exhaustively listening & counseling all of these months, those of you who know me electronically have been left out the loop. I haven't blogged about this much for fear of how it would come across. This is not a topic that's light or funny, on the contrary, it's quite personal & uncomfortable to talk about.

I'm hoping that those of you who are either going through this yourself, or are simply interested in reading about it, will find solace in reading about my experiences. Being unemployed & looking for a job in this economy is the hardest thing I've ever gone through & that's without the ridiculous amount of crap that companies are putting applicants through right now just because they can. For the rest of my life, I will never be as nice & supportive of anyone as I will be to those who are unemployed & looking for a job.

If you're still with me & interested in reading more, I've added an Unemployment label for these posts, which you can access over yonder (-->) by clicking "Unemployment" under Labels, or by clicking here.

I'm on the fence about this & am open to feedback. Please let me know if this is something you do or do not want to read about. I'm hoping to put a voice to what this feels like, but it's possible I'm just going to come across as whine-y & pissed off (which I totally am). Regardless, let me know.

XOXO,
Kim

4 comments:

Renee said...

I say let it out! Where else can you be so brutally honest with yourself or anyone else? Sure you can talk to friends and family about it, but you can't say EVERY thing you think and feel. Besides if a person doesn't want to read it then they can move on to the next post. I'm also kind of partial b/c my DH is unemployed as well. Good Luck to you with your decision.

The Blonde Mule said...

Thanks, Renee. I'm sorry to hear about your DH. It's tough out there. Tell him to keep his head up.

P.S. If you're still going to physical therapy, I may have to go back soon, so I'll look for you.

Thank you!

--Kim

ND said...

Def interested. Write on.

The Blonde Mule said...

Thank you, Nichole!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...