May 31, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up: Memorial Day Edition


Baby birds in a nest over our garage. Yes, they nest in an actual plastic bird. I know...

Friday:
I met my friend Jaime at the nail salon on Friday afternoon for the birthday pedicure she generously treats me to every year. She brought a bottle of wine & they put us in a private pedicure room - so fun! I had my toes painted in Essie Pretty Edgy, which I LOVE & may have to buy.

Saturday:
On Saturday I set out with my friend Megan to try & spend my Green Hills Mall gift card. Sadly, I was embarrassingly unsuccessful. I only bought a t-shirt, a tank & a skinny belt, & I'm returning the tank, haha. It was a combination of not finding anything I wanted to buy & having a bad body image day. C'est la vie. I'll try again next weekend.

Sunday:
In the summer months, John & I inevitably find ourselves at Bobby's Dairy Dip at least once a weekend. Technically, it's not summer for a few more weeks, but here in the Dirty South, it's already a gazillion degrees outside & don't even get me started on the cicadas... I tried something new & got a chocolate soft serve cone dipped in coconut. That's right, COCONUT. It was the best ice cream cone I've ever had! I had to fight the urge all day to go back & get a second one.

That night, we tried a new recipe: long boy burgers. They were really good, although they are definitely more of a meatloaf sandwich than a hamburger. John made homemade fries, too - so good!

Monday:
Tiffany was in town from NYC, so we had brunch in M'boro with Lauren, then we went back to her house to see the nursery. So cute! Later, Tiff & I went to Green Hills Mall to make another go at spending my gift card. Success! I got all kinds of good stuff - yay! Then we met our friend Jess for dinner & ritas. Good times!

5 comments:

Panda Parables said...

those birdies=amazing!

Mom said...

I think you missed the symbolism is this picture. The wing span respresents protection, as every mother gives to her children. Also, the birdies picked a plastic bird so they don't have to hear her squaking, "Clean your nest!" Eat the whole worm. Do you know how many birds are starving in Africa?" Sorry, that wasn't your lot in life to have a plastic mother! :-)

Mom said...

Spelled squawking wrong, sorry..

The Blonde Mule said...

Thanks, Katie! Sadly, they've already left the nest. Godspeed, baby birds. Godspeed....

The Blonde Mule said...

Mom: hahahaha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...