September 21, 2011

Wednesday Ramblings

I have so little going on.  Actually, that's a lie, I have a lot going on.  I'm frantically trying to land one of the jobs I'm in the running for, which takes up an astonishing amount of time, especially when they all want either writing or marketing samples, & all the while working a full-time job.  Oy.

Getting a job these days is like running for office.  Gone are the days when you let your resume do the work for you.  Also gone, are the days when knowing key people count.  No, now you've got to harass those key people to call the potential employer on your behalf, which the majority of people simply do not have time to do.  It also gets tricky when you're up for three different jobs & need these people to make three different calls to three different places.  Whatever, I've been told that people want to help & that they don't mind, but it's uncomfortable, especially since I've been hitting up these same people for over a year now.

So yeah, that's it.  On the plus side, my heart has completely calmed down.  I haven't talked to my boss in over a week, so I don't know if that's it, or if it's just finally run its course.  Regardless, I hope it's over.  I'm so ready to close the chapter on this crappy m-effing year.  Fingers crossed I get one of these jobs, and soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...