April 16, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: Asheville Edition






More pics & info on Flickr & Instagram.

FRIDAY

We drove to Asheville for our friend Heathen's wedding.  Once there, we met our friends Mike & Amanda for dinner.  I looked on Yelp for high rated restaurants close to our hotel & we went with a place called Papas and Beers.  It's California style Mexican.  We really liked it & apparently we're getting one in Nashville, though I don't know when or where.

SATURDAY

Per everyone in the world's recommendation, we went to Tupelo Honey Cafe for brunch & it was amazing.  I ordered the fried egg BLT with goat cheese grits.  Delish!  While Mike & John went off to help get ready for the wedding, Amanda & I drove to downtown Asheville to see the sites.  We sat at Lexington Ave Brewery for a long time people watching.  We explored downtown a little while longer, then headed back for the wedding.

The wedding was outside at The North Carolina Arboretum.  The weather was gorgeous for an outdoor wedding.  We had a lot of fun.  All of John's old college friends were there, so he had a blast.  Plus, there was a photo booth.  You can never go wrong with a photo booth.

SUNDAY

Pretty useless day.  Lots of laying around & doing nothing.  I did watch the movie 50/50, which was better than I expected.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Asheville is my all-time most favorite place ever! I'm packing my shit and relocating when I graduate (again).

The Blonde Mule said...

That's what everyone says! All of my friends are apparently planning to move there at some point in their lives.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...