June 9, 2017

Friday Links


READING THIS WEEK...

Roxane Gay on her new book Hunger and how it's the 'book of no fucks given'. P.S. Roxane will be in Nashville on July 13.

Um, did you know Shirley Manson is 50?! Garbage was the soundtrack to my college years. Shirley's take on the dying breed of female rockstars is *tear emoji, but this quote makes up for it, "Rihanna is the closest thing we have in the pop world to a rockstar”.

McSweeney's comparing Comey's opening statements to lines from The Remains of the Day. Good luck figuring out which quote is which.

A friend recently told me that she uses Longreads as a reward during the work day. Every time she needs it, she rewards herself with three more paragraphs. So reward yourself today with this piece from Jami Attenberg.

lulz...


EYES AND EARS...

I'm watching Season 3 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. At first, I thought, is this still funny? But then it immediately got funny. The Lemonade episode broke me and I was hooked. Goddess bless Tituss Burgess. The Linda in HR episode? I died.

I listen to a million podcasts a week, but these four stand out. I love 2 Dope Queens, and the Ronald Funches set at the end of this episode is #fire. "Murder Cake," lol.





THRIFTING...

I bought this robe at Goodwill's 50% off sale. It was originally $4.50 and I got it for $2.25. I know this is a stretch, but I'm going to wear it as a coat. I started following Clare Press on Instagram and I love her style, so when I saw her coat, and then I saw this robe.... Magic! Stay tuned. If we're still a planet come fall, I'll let you know if my robe-coat works.



I ENDORSE...

Babadook as a gay icon.
Oprah and Gayle.
Armadillos.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...