October 27, 2012

Television!


This is a random post about television, the joy of my life.  In no particular order, here are some shows I'm really enjoying.

Political Animals
Okay, technically, this show isn't on the air anymore.  Did anyone else watch it?  It was so good!  It ran as a limited series event on USA in July-Aug.  From USA, "Sigourney Weaver stars as former first lady & current Secretary of State who is attempting to keep her family together while simultaneously dealing with crises of the State Dept & fending off the hungry DC journalist who is bent on destroying her career.  Exploring themes that resonate in the current political landscape & taking viewers beyond the glossy ads & well-written public speeches, Political Animals will reveal a vulnerable family on the verge of falling apart."  It's the first political drama since West Wing that I've liked.  I highly recommend it.  It's available on iTunes for $2.99 an episode (there are only 6 episodes).

Parenthood
Y'all, Parenthood is RIPPING MY HEART OUT this season.  I've cried watching every episode.  I think everyone knows this, but Parenthood was developed & produced by the same people as Friday Night Lights, which I think we can all agree, was the best show on tv.  Hashtag:  Texas forever.

Homeland
Okay, we're only 3 episodes into Season Two, but OMG!  This is possibly the best show on tv.  Season One blew my mind.  If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor & spend your next weekend watching Season One.  You can thank me later.  It's available on Netflix.

Veep
I recorded Veep back when it aired, but am just now watching it.  I love it!  Julia Louis-Dreyfus, you complete me.  Unlike Political Animals, Veep is political satire.  It's a comedy series set in the Office of a fictional Vice President of the United States.  It's hilarious!

The Mindy Project
Being a huge fan of Mindy Kaling, I had high hopes for The Mindy Project & it hasn't disappointed.  Granted, there have only been 3 episodes, but they've all been hilarious, particularly the opening of the Pilot episode.  It currently airs on FOX on Tuesday nights, or you can watch episodes on FOX's website.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...