January 27, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up: Mountie Edition


I swam after work on Friday night.  I know, baller.  When I got home, I noticed most of my face was peeling.  My derm prescribed me retin-a earlier this year for anti-aging.  The retin-a plus chlorine plus the polar vortex is not a good combination.  I put on my Mario Badescu azulene calming mask, and it helped, but still.  Ooof.


I was real busy on Saturday morning & real not busy on Saturday afternoon.  I got up & went to yoga, then stayed & lifted weights.  I ran some errands, got coffee, got waxed & then came back home where I spent the afternoon competing in a lounge-off with Linda.  Spoiler alert:  she won.  I mean, how can you compete with that?


I finished Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch on Saturday.  This book, oy.  I don't even know how to describe my feelings about this book, except to say I think it's the best book I've ever read.  It's the first book where I read & re-read passages.  I read the last page three times.  And then I just cried.  I'll work on a proper book review, but suffice it to say, I loved this book.


On Sunday morning, I ran 5 miles with my lady gang & then we went to Ugly Mugs for breakfast.  They really do have the best oatmeal in town.  We're trying to work on our half marathon time, so we ran at a set pace yesterday & we totally did it!  We may be able to do a sub-2:30 half after all!


Last night John & I watched-ish the Grammy's while eating some fancy Martha Stewart beef stew I made.  Linda got into the Grammy spirit by showing Pharrell that he's not the only one who looks good in a mountie hat.

John worked on 'Old Yellow Moon' by Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell & it won a Grammy for Best Americana Album, so that's cool.  He also got a kick out of the performance by Willy Nelson, Kris Kristofferson & Merle Haggard because he's re-mastered albums for all three of them.

Also, can we talk about all the bolo ties?  Are they trending?  I'm so confused about the fashion last night.  So help me if John starts wearing his bolo ties again...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...