March 5, 2014

February Beauty Favorites


In last month's January Beauty Favorites, there was a moisture theme.  This month, not much has changed, except my reptilian face.  I think (think) I've figured out how to keep my skin on my face.  Sorry, Buffalo Bill.


But let's start with hair.  Back in the fall, a friend handed me a sample of Living proof. No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream & said, "Use this!".  And I did & I still do.  I've also made some of my friends start using it.  If you blow out &/or straighten your hair, you need this.  It's a styling cream that smooths, conditions & eliminates frizz by blocking humidity without weighing hair down.  It also, & this is my favorite part, repels dirt!  Believe it.  I can go 3-4 days in between washes when I use this & my friends say they can, too.


Sometimes, when I'm feeling extravagant, I buy fancy $20-$30 shampoo & conditioner, but for the most part, I use shit from Target.  My hairstylist recently switched salons & the new salon stocks Kerastase products.  Y'all.  Hair crack.  She gave me these two samples & they kind of blew my hair mind, Kerastase Resistance Bain De Force Shampoo & Kerastase Resistance Ciment Anti-Usure Conditioner.  It's the best shampoo & conditioner I've ever used.


This month, I sat aside my beloved Bobbi Brown cream shadow & switched to my Birchbox Coastal Scents Revealed Palette Set sample.  It's taken a little getting used to, but as my friend & co-worker Natalie assures me, "It's not too much makeup, it's just more makeup."  I'm into it!  I also set aside my matte red lip for a minute & switched to this LAQA & Co. Fat Lip Pencil.  The color I have & am obsessed with is Lambchop.  It's so good.


Allright, let's talk about my epidermis.  Last month, the combination of weather, chlorine & RetinA made my face peel.  It was terrible.  I can't control the weather & I have to swim, so I changed what I put on my face.  I made two changes:  1) I quit using RetinA & 2) I switched back to my tried & true Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream.  In like a day, my face went back to normal & has stayed that way.


In addition, I switched cleansers & eye creams.  I used to use Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado years ago, but switched to something anti-aging.  This super thick cream was great for this month, but I'll probably go back to my anti-aging stuff.


This Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser is so good.  I think it's magic.  My face is so soft & hydrated after I use it.  It's played a large part in saving my skin this month.  I'm currently using a Birchbox sample, but will probably buy it when I run out.


I've already given this Soak Handmaid Hand Cream a shout-out, but I lerve it.  My friend Jenn was in Canada this week & hopefully brought me a big 'ole bottle back.  Dry hands everywhere, rejoice!

Coming up next month:  Xplosives Top Coats.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...