September 12, 2014

September Issues


I've been going through the September issues, flagging what inspires me for fall. I had the best luck with Marie Claire, so let's start there.


I'll start at the top & go clockwise through the collage:


I love a jacket & this Boiled Wool Moto Jacket from Banana Republic speaks to me. It's $150, so we'll see if it goes on sale.


Ski sweaters, let's talk about them. I went through a thrifting phase last year where I started buying over-sized fisherman sweaters. Maybe this year I'll switch to ski sweaters.


Also, that sweater upper left, beside "101 Ideas" - yeah, I totally found that at a Goodwill last year & you bitches on Instagram wouldn't let me buy it. Alexis... God, it was in Fayetteville. It's probably still there.


I'm real confused about my hair. I'm living in hair limbo between too clean & too dirty. This Bed Head article is solely about Bed Head hair products, which also confuses me. Do people still use Bed Head? Apparently they do because my friend just told me she finally found the best product for her curly hair & it's Bed Head On The Rebound Curl Recall Cream. Can Bed Head help me achieve the perfect not-dirty, dirty hair? Will buying Bed Head complete my Veronica Mars transformation?


I'm into the idea of a big, chunky chartreuse knit over short, black leather. Fall's version of neon? Maybe?


I like to re-think my makeup in the fall. I've been sporting a nude eye for a minute now & I think I'm over it. I like this orange-bronze eye with red lips. Maybe this will be the year I finally master black eyeliner. I feel like this Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner may be my gateway eyeliner.

Moving along to Elle. Again, starting at the top & going clockwise:


Burberry, I cannot afford you, but I covet you. These hand-painted & geometric blanket Prorsum bags are the best things I've ever seen. And... they're $3,195. Le sigh.


I flirted with the idea of a combat boot phase last year, but never pulled the trigger. These gray flannel ones intrigue me. Maybe I can find a non-$1,225-Giorgio-Armani pair at Marshall's. My question with combat boots is how to roll the pant to showcase the boot. Hmm...



Drugstore makeup is my kryptonite. I spend more money on $4 & $6 pots of bullshit at Target than if I'd just go to Nordstrom & buy the $25 pot of Bobbi Brown I know works. But where's the fun in that? These Maybelline ads in the fall magazines are tempting me hard.


Last & least, Lucky. This magazine has really gone downhill. I had to go back through it a second time just to find things to flag. Blah. Top, clockwise:


I don't even know what this is an ad for, but it was in all the magazines & I like the aesthetic of it. White shirt, tuxedo jacket, satin tie. HOT.


I like this dress, jacket, scarf combo a lot. It's hard to tell, but she's wearing a white shirtdress with an over-sized blazer. I'm real into this.


I don't exactly have the right skintone for gold eyeshadow, but I keep trying. Of course, the ones I'm drawn to the most in this picture are Physician's Formula, Maybelline & Cover Girl. Of course.


Ah, my aforementioned gateway eyeliner, Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner. I should just go to Sephora.com right now & buy this.

*Vogue wasn't on the newsstands back when I bought all of these. It's out now, but I've already moved on. Snooze, you lose, Vogue.

It's a work in progress, but I've started my Fall 2014 Pinterest board if you want to take a gander.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...