November 17, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up: Yes Please Edition


Friday night manicure. Essie No More Film and Sephora Only Gold For Me glitter topcoat.


Early Saturday morning I took a 5-mile performance test at Endeavor Performance. It was real hard. I went HAM. I came in 4th place. The End!


I rode so hard, y'all. I was in 5th place the first half of the ride. As I started getting close to the person in 4th place, I was able to pass her and stay ahead of her. It's probably the fastest I've ever ridden. Todd crouched down behind me for the last few minutes and got me to sprint to the end and keep my 4th place status. When it was over, I stood up on my bike to relieve my soft bits and tipped over. Why? HAM, that's why.


Parnassus Books turned 3 over the weekend and to celebrate, emailed 20% off coupons to use in the store on Saturday. Yes Please by Amy Poehler? Don't mind if I do! Buying books at Parnassus is one of my favorite things to do in Nashville. Second only to yelling "Hello!" to Ann Patchett when I run past her walking her dog in the morning. A behavior I'm simultaneously embarrassed about and unable to stop. I love everyone that works in Parnassus, but I especially love Bill. When I was checking out, Bill said, "My, look at your nails!", which is pretty much the highest compliment you can pay me.


John's car is a truck now. A fact that we're both hilariously in denial about. But we got our first truck request over the weekend. Friends Keith and Nicole (Urban, yes) needed help with a couch. I snapped this pic of Linda on our way out because it's the way she looks at us every time we go somewhere, like she couldn't be more disappointed in us. Because I like to come up with pun-y memoir titles in my spare time, I came up with this one for Linda, Where Are You Guys Going:  The Linda McCartney Story.


Melanie and I were scheduled to run 6 miles on Sunday. The weather has not been kind to us. The temperature for our Friday run was 18 degrees, and on Sunday, it was POURING. And also still really cold. Six miles isn't that far, so we ran our 6 rainy miles and then treated ourselves to coffee and breakfast biscuits at Dose.


A few hours after my rain-run, I started to feel sick, which should surprise no one who tracked my fitness this weekend. I decided pho would make me feel better, so we went down the street to Vn Pho & Deli. The pho was delicious, but I am definitely sick. We spent the rest of the day on the couch watching Twin Peaks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...