September 9, 2016

Friday Links


Reading This Week...

Stacy London on turning 47, how society treats women in their forties, and "finding my trouser pockets are filled fewer and fewer fucks". Do you guys Hygge? I don't either, but I'm about to because it involves all of my favorite fall leisure activities:  socks, coffee and baking. Speaking of fall, I don't watch sportsball, but I do live and die for snacks. So if you're having friends over for The Big Game, and there's going to be dip, please call me. Now seems like a good time to bring up leggings as pants, and wearing whatever in the hell you like, plus size fashion rules be damned.

If I Could Have Dinner With Anyone...

Elizabeth Gilbert (!!)
Julie Klausner
The Duffer Brothers

lulz...


Eyes and Ears...

You guys, John and I finally finished watching Stranger Things. Whoa! Okay, I'm ready. Let's have all the conversations. I sped-read Amy Schumer's The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo. If you're the least bit interested in reading it, I highly recommend you do so. I loved it. I like to watch documentaries while I paint my nails and I watched a really good one, The First Monday in May. (It's on Netflix.) It's a behind-the-scenes look at how the annual NYC Met Ball comes together. It's fascinating! If you want to feel really good about your life, might I recommend Anna Faris is Unqualified featuring Courtney Love? Holy shit, you guys. Whatever you think about Courtney Love, it is one thousand times worse.

Thrifting...


I bought this glorious unicorn at Goodwill for $2.50. It was 50% off of $4.99. Not that I wouldn't have paid $4.99 for it. As soon as John's not looking, I'm going to hang it over our bed.

I Endorse...

New York from behind
Right to bare arms
This teenage bat

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...