February 10, 2017

Friday Links


READING THIS WEEK...

I started following Rahawa Haile when she was posting a short story a day, and then followed along last year as she hiked the Appalachian Trail. I hope a book is coming out of this, and if so, I can't wait to read it.

I want to get this whole article tattooed on my body.


Rest in Power, the legacy of Trayvon Martin.

Shaking my fist at Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

WATCHING AND LISTENING...

I've been watching the three-part ESPN documentary O.J.: Made in America. Turns out, there's 30 years of information I don't know about O.J. This documentary is fascinating, and it's streaming on Hulu.

RuPaul was on the Anna Faris Is Unqualified podcast and it was everything I wanted it to be, including Ru telling Anna and Sim that he would cut the callers off 10 minutes before they do, #prayerhandsemoji.

I ENDORSE...

THIS CAFTAN!!!

Re-buying the outfit I wore to my high school homecoming (see: lulz).

Nashville designer, Ceri Hoover, at Anthropologie.

lulz...


SHERO CORNER...

Cameron Esposito turned a crude joke by Mike Huckabee into an $18,000 crowd-funded donation to Trans Lifeline, a crisis call center that helps connect members of the transgender community to resources and emergency aid.

WHAT WE'RE FIGHTING FOR...

I Am a Priest, and This is Why I’m Pro-Choice
-- Reverend Broderick L. Greer, Teen Vogue

She Showed Up Yearly to Meet Immigration Agents. Now They've Deported Her.
-- Fernanda Santos, The New York Times

Town Hall Confrontation on ACA Repeal
-- Katie McDonough, Fusion

INSPIRATION...




via Courtney M. Privett

EVENTS...

Conexion Americas: Valentine Open House
Fri, Feb 10, 8:30am-7pm
Casa Azafran

Aminals - New Work by Brett Douglas Hunter
Fri, Feb 10, 6-9pm
Elephant Gallery, 1411 Buchanan St

A Night Of: YK Records Benefitting TN Equality Project
Fri, Feb 10, 7pm-1am
Mercy Lounge

Good Trouble: a Resistance Workshop
Sat, Feb 11, 11am
Casa Azafran

Artist Talk/Q&A - Alex Lockwood
Sat, Feb 11, 1pm
Zeitgeist Gallery, 516 Hagan St

We Are Watching Rally
Mon, Feb 13, 4pm
Tennessee State Capitol

Nashville Feminist Collective: Transformative Justice Monthly Meeting
Mon, Feb 13, 6pm
Germantown Co-Housing Common House, 1325 5th Ave N

Postcard Writing Night
Thurs, Feb 16, 6pm
Gift Horse, 1006 Fatherland St, Ste 301

Driving While Black Community Briefing
Thurs, Feb 16, 6:30pm
Gideon's Army, 600 28th Ave N

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...