June 2, 2017

Friday Links


READING THIS WEEK...

Night Court was the black sheep of NBC's sitcom dynasty - A.V. Club

Alexa Chung's clothing line launched and it's really good - The Cut

Why you're constantly seeing ads for stuff you just bought online - Racked

Rebecca Solnit:  The Loneliness of Donal Trump - Literary Hub

Rebecca Traister:  Hillary Clinton's Surreal Post-Election Life - New York Magazine

lulz...


EYES AND EARS...

I've been watching Golden Girls on Hulu and find myself astounded at so many things: a) Dorothy's pajamas, but mostly, b) their ability to maintain boundaries, express anger and remain friends. Who are these superheroes?! I'm also watching, for the first time (I know, I'm late), The Great British Baking Show. Every day I don't make a cake is a personal victory.

There are two Netflix stand-up specials worth watching:  Maria Bamford: Old Baby, and Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King.

So many podcasts, so little time. In random order, here are some podcasts I remember wanting everyone I know to listen to:

Still Processing: We Will Always Love You, Whitney Houston
RuPaul What's The Tee: Episode 76: Katya
Never Before with Janet Mock: Episode 1: Tina Knowles-Lawson
WTF with Marc Maron: Chris Cornell from June 2014
WTF with Marc Maron: Episode 809 - Maria Bamford

THRIFTING...

Robes are the new caftans and I'm obsessed. I own 300 (approx.) and I keep buying them. This is my current fave, scored at Goodwill at their 50% off sale. I paid $2.24 for it. I also bought that yellow t-shirt. It says, "Cruisin' With The Rattlers" and then there's a picture of a cruise ship and a rattlesnake, #duh.



I ENDORSE...

The Beach Gonna Get Whatever Body I Give It
We Are Never Meeting in Real Life
This print by Frances Cannon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...