January 3, 2008

Oh TiVo, You So Crazy!


As of Tuesday, I'm the proud new owner of a TiVo. I couldn't be happier. I used to have the Comcast version, but had to give it up when I moved into this apartment well over a year ago. Since then, I've been recording shows on my VCR, living like the Slowskis. I won't lie, it's been rough.

I'm still learning how to use all of TiVo's functions, but I'm pretty happy so far. I spent about an hour last night programming all of my favorite shows. I'm kind of concerned though, because when I got home tonight it had recorded a bunch of shows it thought I would like.... They're all bad. Crossing Jordan, bad. Super Sweet Sixteen, really bad. Bad Girls Club, I don't even know what this is but apparently it airs on Oxygen, so I can only imagine. It seems the TiVo has a ways to go before "getting to know me", but I still love her. She'll learn.

Tonight John & I are going with Adam & Sarah to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, Chinatown, said "HELLOCHINATOWN!" I could marry their beef lo mien. After dinner we're going to see Sweeney Todd. Very excited about this. First of all, I love musicals. Secondly, Johnny Depp. And don't even get me started on my love affair with Tim Burton and HBC. I love her. It's unhealthy.

Totally unrelated to either TiVo or HBC, the Iowa caucuses are tonight. I'm still favoring Obama, though I'm 99% sure Hillary will get the nomination. Very curious as to how tonight will turn out...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...