March 3, 2008

Are You Hungry Tonight?




Recently, on a trip to the Smyrna Goodwill, I found a book titled, Are You Hungry Tonight? Elvis' Favorite Recipes. I love it for it's obvious kitsch factor. John loves it because he's hoping he'll come home one night to one of these recipes being served for dinner. He seems to be especially hopeful for something called "scrapple". I don't know what it is, but I'm 99% sure it involves canned meat.

My favorite part of the book is the hand-written inscription on the front page, "Jeff, I thought of you when I found this. I hope you enjoy it. Love, Denise". I wish I knew Denise, or anyone like her who would possibly buy me books like this & personally inscribe them.

My 2nd favorite part of the book is the last chapter, The Royal Wedding Cake. This chapter not only shows you Elvis & Priscilla's wedding cake, it also provides 9 pages of detailed instructions on how to recreate this cake for your own wedding. Seriously.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...