March 24, 2008

I'm getting hitched! (Pun intended)

Today I feel like the happiest, luckiest gal in the world. John proposed last night. It was very private and very sweet. A perfect proposal. My grandmother gave me the rings her father (my great-grandfather) gave to her mother. Unbeknownst to me, John got the rings while we were visiting them during Christmas. So he's had them this whole time! The rings are beautiful & obviously very meaningful since I'll be the 3rd generation to wear them. I won't be wearing the ring for about 2 weeks because it's at the jewelers being re-sized, cleaned, etc. Oooh, maybe I'll have a ring-viewing party once I get it. I'll keep you posted.

I'm engaged!!!

4 comments:

Jon Burr said...

I would congratulate you if ever I thought this would end in anything other than the meanest, loudest child that the tenants of this planet ever did see. Damn you, both!

ps I can't wait for Shelley's toast!

mmm said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Perhaps I can fashion an engagement headband for John. It could also be utlilitarian and have things like lighters and screwdrivers hanging from it.

You know, so he won't look like an idiot.

Acorn + Archer said...

I...am...so....excited.

Let the planning begin!!!!

Unknown said...

And by 'private proposal' I'm assuming you mean the megatron screen at a Predators game?

I'm so happy for you two. Congratulations.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...