May 12, 2008

Hi-Yah!


On Saturday, Carolyn went with me to Smyrna & we bought my dress & picked out the bridesmaid dresses. Thank god for Carolyn because the dress she picked out is so much better than everything else I was looking at. She even humored me & tried it on. My mom & sister were there too & they loved it. Then we went over to the reception site & Carolyn & my mom talked about how many tables we'll need, placement, decor, etc. It's amazing how much we've done in 2 months.


On Saturday night, John & I went to see Redbelt, the new David Mamet film. I loved it, but I love David Mamet. And I really love Chiwetel Ejiofor. I realized 2 things while watching the movie: 1) people in Green Hills are assholes and 2) I want to be a fighter. I'll elaborate.


1) There were only about 4 of us in the theater on Sat. night. John & I were in the middle of the theater, in the middle of a row. There was no one anywhere near us. Right as the movie is starting, this weird middle-aged couple comes & sits down right beside us, or me, rather. Her perfume was so strong I couldn't breathe. At this point, the movie has started & they're just talking away, pissing me off. Then her cell phone rings & she answers it & starts talking. WTF! At that point, we scooted down a couple of seats. I mean, who sits right beside someone at the movies if you don't have to???


2) I want to learn how to fight. Professionally. I used to take kickboxing & I loved it. And I was fairly good at it. My aunt & my cousin are black belts & I'm kind of jealous. I think at some point after the wedding; after I get out of school, I'll start taking classes somewhere. Maybe I'll become a black belt & fight in the Kumite like Jean-Claude Van Damme in Bloodsport. Ahh, a girl can dream.....

1 comment:

ChrissiTinaBallerina said...

People are assholes. They prove my point every day--bad drivers, stupid questions, sitting next to us or, even worse, scooting in front of you at the theater when there is no reason they couldn't just go around. I hate people.

As for the professional fighting--totally do it. They made us take self defense at school and it was hilarious. At one point, I could dive roll over a stack of 5 punching bags! I wonder if I can still do that... hmm.. something to try tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...