July 10, 2008

Fat Thursday

I'm so mad at myself. I've gained back almost 10 of the 20 pounds I lost last year. I knew this would happen. Towards the end of Session I really packed it on, thinking I'd get it off once Session ended. What I didn't count on was a 4 week class that was more stressful & time-consuming than Session was. I've got approximately 100 days until the wedding. 100 days is plenty of time to get this weight off & possibly a little more. I lost 20 pounds in 90 days last year, so it can be done. I just need to get off my ass & quit eating like it's a competition.

My new horrendous 4 week class meets on Mondays, so there's really no excuse not to be working out. I'm toying with the idea of hiring a personal trainer. I had one once for 12 weeks & I not only didn't miss a work-out, I also left the program looking like a fitness model. Granted, I was in my mid-twenties & my metabolism hadn't turned against me yet, but still, I did it. The thing about a personal trainer is that it holds me accountable. I don't necessarily need someone telling me how to lose weight, I just need someone that I can't back out on.

There's a "body sculpt" class @ the Green Hills Y every Tues & Thurs that I really like. If I can drag myself to that class twice a week, that would really help. I can do it. I just need to quit eating out so much & start working out. I can do it. I will do it. I refuse to be mad at myself on my wedding day for not getting in shape & feeling fat on the one day of my life I need to not feel fat.

Allright, I'm going to do this. I'm going to get back down to my pre-Session weight. Chinatown, Cinco de Mayo, Sitar lunch buffet: consider yourself warned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...