June 8, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:
Dinner @ west side Las Maracas, then onto Mercy Lounge for How I Became the Bomb. Drank too much & probably said too much to drummer/political blogger. Whoops....

Saturday:
Drove to Spring Hill & picked up long-awaited wedding album. Love it! While I was doing this, John was driving around Nashville trying to get his hands on the new Palm Pre. He got one & hasn't put it down since. Had belated birthday lunch with MK, exchanged gifts, talked about lack of good/cute clothes to buy lately.

For dinner, our friends Keith & Nicole had us over for a cook-out. It was so much food, so much good food. Nicole ended the night by lighting up the 'ole fire pit & we stuffed ourselves on homemade s'mores. Delicious!

Sunday:
Woke up super early & cleaned fur mountain, aka our house. I swear, I could brush Linda all day, every day & it wouldn't matter in the least. I checked out this "Fur-minator" that everyone keeps telling us to get. What no one told me, is that it costs $60 -for a dog brush. No, thank you. I made that bitch an appointment at PetSmart for this coming Saturday. She's getting sheared. I can't deal with this fur anymore.

I digress.... After cleaning, I trekked out to Opry Mills to return something to Forever 21. Stopped into Ann Taylor Loft because Carolyn had mentioned they were having a big sale. I've been relentlessly searching for short-sleeved cardigans, preferably cheap enough that I can buy more than one. Are you listening, Gap? Well, Ann Taylor came through. They had a plethora of short-sleeved cardigans & they were buy 1, get 1 free. Sold! I spent more than I should have, but I'm now the proud owner of 3 short-sleeved cardigans & 2 new long sleeved cardigans. So if you see me out & about & I'm not wearing a cardigan, don't talk to me, it's probably an impostor.

2 comments:

Delaney Mae said...

a. I want to touch the Pre. Tell your husband he'd better be prepared for me to do some fondling the next time we're in company.

b. Keith and Nicole! Don't you hang with the famousest folks!

c. I told you the furminator was expensive. I haven't heard a single person say it wasn't worth every penny. If you add up a summer's worth of grooming, you might come out on top anyway...

xo!

Unknown said...

furminator = the best "am i really paying $60 for a god damned dog brush" skeptical-turned-thankful dollars i ever spent. i am not kidding. buy the furminator. it is worth it x 50! grooming is expensive and you can furminate 24/7. it's actually really satisfying. so there's my fur schpiel. god, i need some excitement.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...