August 26, 2009

The Weekend Baker

I've been eyeing this copy of The Weekend Baker by Abigail Johnson Dodge at McKay's for a couple of weeks now, but it hasn't gone down from it's $15 price tag. I finally had the bright idea to look on Amazon & found a used copy for $3. It arrived yesterday. I'm so excited! Granted, I meant to buy the hardback & got the paperback instead, but whatever. It was $3!

The book is aimed at people who like the idea of baking, but don't have a lot of time, or a lot of fancy equipment. This book is aimed at people like me. I need to branch out from my weekend slice & bake cookies & Duncan Hines brownies. I haven't decided which recipe I'm going to try first, but I'm thinking cake. I've never made a cake. I know, astounding. I'm also interested in making a tart. I'm not 100% sure what a tart is exactly, but I intend to find out.

Oooh, I just found a recipe for Pumpkin-Spice Half-Moon Pie Pockets. Eff the cake, I'm making pie pockets!

I'll report back.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...