October 5, 2009

Weekend Review

On Saturday I took my almost 4 year old niece for her first (& requested) manicure. She sat beside me while the technician did my nails, then I went to the dryer & it was her turn. I was worried because I was all the way in the front of the salon, but she did just fine. She sat up straight & held her hands out like she had been doing it all her life. The technician was so nice, he even painted little pink flowers on her thumb nails, which she LOVED.

Next I took her to McDonald's for lunch. Unbeknownst to me, Ronald McDonald was scheduled to appear at this particular McDonald's at noon, so Abigail got to meet Ronald. She was leery at first, but he eventually made his way over to her, introduced himself & shook her hand. That's all it took. She was on him like a duck on the water from there on out. He even joked at one point that her head is going to be in everyone's pictures from that day. It was pretty funny. Full photostream here.

Sat. night I went to dinner & a movie with Carolyn, while our men were off doing man stuff. We ate at California Pizza Kitchen, which was really good. Highly recommend the BBQ chicken salad & chipotle pizza. We saw Whip It!, which was surprisingly really good. It's not like I expected it to be bad, I just didn't expect to like it as much as I did. There's a lot more to it than roller derby. And there's a lot of people in it. Definitely recommend this movie.

Sunday was pretty typical, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. One thing did happen that I've been trying to make happen for, oh, about a year now. John finally put his CDs & books on the 2 Ikea shelves he bought back when we first bought the house. So excited about this. Now I can begin the process of turning the mudroom into an office. Hooray!

1 comment:

ND said...

don't you like it when a movie exceeds your expectations?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...