November 9, 2009

One Year Later



Yesterday was our 1 year anniversary. I can't believe it's already been a year. I can't believe it's been a year since we were in Mexico. It feels like it was just a few months ago. Where does the time go.....

John & I dated for 4 years before getting married. I wasn't sure what would be different once we got married, if anything. John & I didn't live together before we got married, so I knew living together & combining finances would be an adjustment, but I didn't realize how much closer we'd become once we were married. As much as I thought we were a team while we were dating, in hindsight, it's nothing like the way it is now. There's an openness now that wasn't there before. I feel like now we really are each other's partner. When we were dating, there were things I didn't tell John, things I didn't think he'd care about, or things I didn't want him to know. We talk to each other about everything now. In a typical week, I do at least 1 or 2 things that I feel guilty about, this can range from snapping at someone at work to being bitchy to one of my friends. Before, I typically wouldn't tell John about these things out of fear he'd judge me. Now it's like this therapeutic release to come home every day & know that whatever bullshit I pulled during the day, he stills loves me &, 9 times out of 10, helps me to realize that I'm no different than anyone else.

Marrying John is the best thing that has ever happened to me & this past year has been the happiest year of my life. We have a house that we love & a sweet, little dog that we adore. John enjoys being at home & having a house & a yard to take care of, & I enjoy decorating, experimenting in the kitchen, & having people over. If you had told me 6 years ago that not only would I be married, but that I would be happy, I would have laughed in your face. So here's to exceeded expectations & many more years of married bliss.

Viva la Baldwin!

Full wedding photostream here.

Full honeymoon photostream here.

5 comments:

april p. said...

I loved reading this. What a wonderful tribute to your husband and marriage! Congrats and to many more happy years!

Mom said...

Awww, makes a mom's heart so proud.

Emotional Mullet said...

I am in love with this post. It makes me happy. I'm so happy that you guys are so happy. John sounds like a lovely man. I hope our paths cross again soon and I get to meet him someday. Hugs.

Caryn said...

YES!

ND said...

congratulations (a day late)! thanks for sharing your world AND your happiness. it is inspiring. :) viva la baldwin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...