June 9, 2010

Movie Review: It's Complicated


I recently watched It's Complicated on DVD. It's the movie with Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin & Steve Martin. Meryl Streep & Alec Baldwin have been divorced for 10 years, have 3 grown children & start having an affair at their son's out of town graduation. Steve Martin is an architect working on an expansion to Meryl's house. They try to date, but the affair with the ex-husband complicates things.

I LOVED this movie! All of the characters are good, the storyline is good, the set is good. OMG, I covet Meryl's house in this movie. I wanted to move right in & never leave.

It's reminiscent of Something's Gotta Give, which makes sense because Nancy Meyers wrote & directed both movies.

I highly recommend watching this movie if you haven't already, but don't read the plot summary on Wikipedia. They give the ending away.

2 comments:

cfoxes33 said...

My hubby and I went on a date night and saw this. It was the funniest movie I had scene in a while. I was not an Alec lover, but he made me one in this movie.

Mom said...

This is one of my favorite movies. Your dad even laughed out loud at this one. I too, could move right in to her home and bakery! Home sweet home baby, home sweet home!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...