June 1, 2010

Tuna, Artichoke & Roasted Red Pepper Salad w/ Feta Pita Crisps






I made this to eat for lunch this week. It's from my new Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals cookbook. I can't wait to eat it tomorrow (& Thursday)!

Tuna, Artichoke & Roasted Red Pepper Salad

4 Servings

1 12-ounce jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chopped bagged fresh baby spinach
2 5-ounce cans albacore tuna in water, drained & flaked
1 12-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, drained & chopped

1. Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tbsp marinade. Coarsely chop artichokes. Combine artichokes, reserved marinade, dill & next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add spinach, tuna & roasted peppers, tossing well.

Feta Pita Crisps

4 Servings. Makes 9 pita crisps.

3 6-inch pitas (I used whole wheat)
1 3.5-ounce package crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese, finely chopped
Olive oil-flavored cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Split pitas; cut each into 6 wedges. Arrange pita wedges in a single layer on a large baking sheet; sprinkle with cheese & lightly coat with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until crisp & golden.

It looks & smells good. I'll report back after I eat it tomorrow.

EDITED TO ADD:
I just had this for lunch with my friend Claudia & we both really liked it. Very healthy & very tasty. Claudia heated up the pita crisps in the microwave, they're much better (less chewy) that way. Yay, Cooking Light!

3 comments:

Claudia Weaver said...

The lunch was fantastic, Kim is an excellent chef!! I would make this again for sure!

Mom said...

Why oh why do you live so far from me?? :( The one daughter I live near would only feed me formula or cold mashed green peas...

BabySquids said...

nice take on tuna salad! must try this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...