September 10, 2010

AMA Awards




Last night John & I went to see our friend, Brian Ahern (BA), win a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Americana Music Association's Honors & Awards at Ryman Auditorium. I've known BA as long as I've known John. BA treats John like a son & has played a big role in John's life & career. He is near & dear to our hearts & we were honored that he asked us to share last night with him. Congrats, Brian!

Read more here.

Full photostream here.

On a related note, who knew I liked Americana music? I guess I honestly didn't know what it was until last night. I thought, incorrectly, that it was just another name for Country. Wrong! I think I heart this genre of music. Here's who I will be downloading on iTunes later today:

Carolina Chocolate Drops (OMG!!!)

Ryan Bingham (who I met & is super nice)

Avett Brothers

Wanda Jackson (new album produced by Jack White)

Do yourself a favor & check these folks out. I expect, like me, you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised.

4 comments:

Loren said...

I love the Avetts so much!!! Make sure you buy "Swept Away (Sentimental Version)", all the "Pretty Girl" songs (or at least one or two), and, if you can find it, "Kind of in Love."

The Blonde Mule said...

Ooooh, noted! Thanks!

Mary Katherine said...

How have I been turned on to the Avett Brothers and Ryan Bingham for months and you have not? You are my go-to music person. I loooove me some Avett Bros. I can't wait to see them next month.

The Blonde Mule said...

Oooh, I didn't know they had a show coming up. Maybe I should try & go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...