July 12, 2011

Two New Recipes

John & I made two new recipes that I found online last week. They were both really good, so I thought I'd share. Both of these recipes make way too much food for two people, even us, so plan for leftovers, or cut the recipes in half.

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers


Recipe here. John doesn't typically consider things without meat a 'meal'. Luckily the man loves a bell pepper, so this was well received. I kind of messed it up because I only had instant brown rice, so the cooking time was off.... But it turned out fine, albeit a tad mushy. I added Tabasco & cayenne (like you do). We really liked this & will definitely make it again, although John requested we add either ground beef or ground pork next time. C'est la vie...


Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles

From Crumb

Recipe here. This was good as shit! We're totally making this again. We both loved it. We spiced it up a little because that's how we roll, but I'm sure if you're not a fan of the spice, it would be tolerable in it's original form. Also, if you don't dig on swine (MHG), you could obviously make it vegetarian by omitting the pork. Highly, highly recommend this recipe.

Thanks, internet!

6 comments:

cfoxes33 said...

Both look good. I will have a lot of peppers soon (hopefully), so the Stuffed Peppers will come in handy!

Isabelle @ Crumb said...

On behalf of the Internet, you're welcome. :)
(But really, in all seriousness, I'm awfully glad you liked the Peanut Butter Noodles. It's always nice to hear from someone who's tried one of my recipes... especially when they actually liked it!)

The Blonde Mule said...

They were so good! You should definitely make these recipes, especially the stuffed peppers if have your own peppers. Let me know how it turns out!

The Blonde Mule said...

Isabelle: hahaha! We LOVED these noodles! You have no idea. My husband was skeptical of the peanut butter, bit it totally worked. Thanks, again!

dishingthedivine said...

I googled myself (is that bad?!) and saw that you made this recipe! So glad you liked it! :)

The Blonde Mule said...

Please, Googling yourself is nothing. I have a Google Alert set up for myself, hahaha!

I'm glad you saw my shout out to your recipe. I think I also left a comment on your blog post. We loved this & are definitely going to make it again. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...