November 16, 2011

Book Signings! Two In One Day! What?





Yesterday on Facebook I noticed that Jeni of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams was going to be in the Nashville store from 12:00-1:00pm.  I had just gotten to work, but I hopped back in my car & drove home to get my copy of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams At Home (which I wrote about here), then Claudia & I trekked over to East Nashville.  We got there right as the doors opened & were the first ones there to meet Jeni.  She was AWESOME!  As she was talking to us about ice cream, her passion for what she does really shone through.  I love that!  On the way out she mentioned something about being in Nashville a lot, but not really knowing a lot of people here, to which I responded (WAY too eagerly), "I'll be your friend!"  She was so nice.  I already loved her just because her ice cream has changed my life (and waistline), but now that I've met her, I sincerely want to be her friend.  So....  coming soon, in 2012:  Kim & Jeni, palling around Nashville, eating ice cream, hanging out - you know, being awesome.

My second book signing yesterday wasn't as impromptu as the first.  I registered awhile back for the Design*Sponge book signing event at West Elm.  My friend Alexis got one of the coveted spots for the crafting event, so Katie & I met her there afterwards to meet Grace & get our books signed.  Grace was great.  She signed our books & then took a picture with us.  We hung out in the store for awhile, eating snacks & taking advantage of the Smilebooth photo set-up.  I saw a lot of friends there & just generally had a really nice time.  Thanks, Design*Sponge!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...