February 1, 2012

1Q84: The Heaviest Book IN THE WORLD (Not A Book Review)


John bought me 1Q84 for Christmas.  In hardback.  I don't know how many of you have seen this book in its hardback version, or tried to lift it.  Ya'll, it weighs like 15 pounds & is IMPOSSIBLE to read in bed.  I've had to find things to prop it up on so I can read it.  And if you think that's a champagne problem, wait until I tell you what I did to resolve this problem that isn't really a problem.

Last night, in yet another futile attempt to prop this book up so that I can read 2 pages before falling asleep, a light bulb went off in my head & I remembered I got a Kindle for Christmas.  Ding, ding, ding!  And a $25 Kindle gift card (thanks, Tiff!), so I bought the kindle version of 1Q84 & commenced reading it on my 7-ounce electronic reading device.  I sat up & read all night.  Apparently the weight of the book was not only logistically cumbersome, but was also slowing down my normal super fast reading speed.  Maybe I'll finish this book after all (probably not).

2 comments:

ND said...

I just broke 1,000! I have 178 electronic pages left! And nothing has happened yet! Maybe this book is too...elegant/smart/profound for me? Will report back.

The Blonde Mule said...

You're my hero. I'm still not convinced I'm ever going to finish it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...