July 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: The Blonde Mule Rises Edition


I forgot to take any pictures this weekend.  Probably because I was too busy working out for 1,000 hours.  My triathlon is in 3 weeks, so all I'm doing in my spare time right now is swimming/riding/running.  And eating.  Oh my God, I'm eating so much.

After coaching Potato To Tomato on Saturday, my dad met us at the Y for a much needed swim practice session.  We have no idea what we're doing & are basically just practicing not drowning.  My dad was awesome & the coaching session really helped.  He pointed out that we need to quit working on our "form" (we have no form) & instead work on our endurance.  He said there's no point in perfecting our form if we can't even swim 200 meters.  Touche.  So he made us swim the breast stroke for 200 meters without stopping & told us to keep doing that until it gets easier.  Y'all.  Swimming is HARD!

After running for an hour & then swimming for an hour & a half, we took ourselves to Barista & feasted on fancy coffee & breakfast sandwiches.  Hilariously, I had just missed Dan Auerbach, who was reportedly there with three little kids?!  Whatever, Dan.  You can run, but you can't hide.

Yesterday Jenn & I went to a 90 minute yoga class at Sanctuary in The Gulch.  It was their year anniversary, so all of their classes this weekend were free.  We took Dawn Cunningham's class.  She's my favorite yoga teacher in the world & it was great to be back in her class.

Last night, we met friends for dinner & a movie.  We saw The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX at Opry Mills.  It was so good!  I'm not going to lie, obviously in light of recent events, it was tense, but the movie was amazing, especially in IMAX.  Y'all, Bane is TERRIFYING!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...