December 19, 2012

Birchbox Review: November


I received my November Birchbox later than usual due to shipping delays related to Hurricane Sandy.  A lot of my friends had already received theirs & were raving about their box, particularly the mascara.  This box was a tiny bit underwhelming after last month's goop box, but I was still glad to receive it.  Here's what I got:

Kerastase | Chroma Sensitive:  Kerastase's hair philosophy:  Cleanse, treat, & protect   This gentle cleansing balm, which purifies strands & locks in color, is your first step toward gorgeous locks.  Full-size, $42.

My Review:  Unfortunately, I haven't used this yet because I'm saving it for an upcoming highlight appointment.  The packaging says to use it in the first 1-2 weeks after having your hair colored, so I'll report back.  I received 2 packages of this, so I gave one to my friend Lana who just changed her hair from blonde to red.  We'll see what she has to say, too.  Let us know, Lana!

MCMC Fragrances | Phoenix:  We convinced our favorite Brooklyn-based perfumer to create exclusive samples of this warm feminine scent just for you.  Full-size, $45-$95.

My Review:  Meh.  I don't love this scent.  You know I was excited when I read the "Brooklyn-based" description, but it's not for me.  In related news, if anyone received this & liked it, let me know & you can have mine.

ModelCo | FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara:  Falsies without the fuss.  This innovative mascara uses tiny lash-extending fibers to give you a lengthy fringe.  Tip:  Rotate the wand inside the bottle to pick up the fibers.  Full-size, $24.

My Review:  As I mentioned above, a lot of my friends also received this & were raving about it on Instagram, so I was excited to try it.  I finished my Chantecaille mascara sample from last month (which I LOVED) & switched to this one by ModelCo.  I didn't love it, but you know, sometimes mascara isn't awesome that first week you use it.  But I'm a good 2 weeks in now & still don't love it.  Here's the problem, I have long, blonde lashes & I can't get this mascara to cover them.  It does good at the base, but it keeps leaving the tips of my lashes blonde.  I don't know.  I'm under-whelmed.  Those of you that like it (Jenn & Heidi) - what am I missing?

One Love Organics | Aromatic Body Serum:  Made with pumpkin seed & sea buckthorn oil, this fast-absorbing oil keeps skin supple & hydrated.  Bonus:  It has aromatherapy benefits!  Full-size, $39.

My Review:  I wasn't 100% sure what this was.  This is when the Birchbox how-to videos come in handy.  In the video they spray it on their bare legs, but since I'm mostly in black opaque tights this time of year, I've been spraying it on my heels & elbows at night.  I like it.  I don't like it enough to buy it, but it's a neat product.  Good scent, too.

LIFESTYLE EXTRA
Chuao Chocolatier | 7-pack Assorted ChocoPod:  These bit-sized artisanal treats are made with premium Venezuelan cacao & come in a range of unexpected flavors.  Full-size, $7.95

My Review:  I forgot to eat this.  Sorry.  Cute packaging though.


P.S. I bought the amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask from October's box.  Y'all, I love it so hard.  It's the best smelling product I've ever used on my hair.  I use it every Sunday & spend all day tossing my head around & smelling my hair.  I'm not even kidding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF! I love that mascara. But I love it because it does lengthen mine without being too goopy or heavy -- meaning, pretty light coverage. So, I could see how with blonde lashes that it might be tough to cover. Bummer.

I just ordered the delicious smelling hair mask you recommended! Random -- I got that Eyeko eyeliner twice and I commented about it and tagged Birchbox in a Instagram post with Heidi. The next day Birchbox emailed me and said that they understood I'd accidentally been sent the same product twice -- and they had given me 100 points to apologize! THAT, friends, is customer service. So the hair mask cost me $2. :) Can't wait to use it!

xoxo

The Blonde Mule said...

Jenn -- Girl, I hate this mascara so hard. I actually get mad while using it, but keep forgetting to buy more when I'm out.

Don't you love that hair mask?! I just got a sample of the shampoo this month & can't wait to use it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...