December 24, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: 26.4.26 Edition


On Friday, instead of our normal Pancake Run in/around Hillsboro Village, Mary Katherine & Marshall hosted all of us for breakfast & a run around their new neighborhood.  Marshall made lattes, cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole, baked cheese grits & his amazing homemade guacamole.  It was delicious & a lot of fun.  Hopefully a new Pancake Christmas tradition!


Let's all take a moment to appreciate my new shoes.  I've been on the hunt for animal print loafers for months.  The few pairs I've been able to find in my price range were sold out in my size & all the others were more than I wanted to spend.  Then one day I went to Kohl's.  I only go to Kohl's about once a year, usually when I'm Christmas shopping & I always end up with a new pair of shoes.  Y'all, I love these shoes so hard.


We usually go to Maryland for Christmas to see John's family, but this year his dad & sister went to Albuquerque to spend Christmas with Nana.  They stopped en route for a night in Nashville to celebrate Christmas with us.


This is my new favorite app, I Swap Faces.  My friend Carrie turned me on to it & I'm obsessed.  I need practice though.  Still, hilarious.  Thanks for being a good sport, Sally (& Linda)!


On Saturday morning, I participated in a run in honor of the Newtown, CT victims called 26.4.26 -- 26 miles for 26 victims.  Here is a video from the run, made by fellow East Nasty, Mike Tarrolly:



If you watch carefully, you'll see me & Heidi around 2:13.  Jaime & Jessica are a few seconds ahead of us, at 1:59.


After the run, I picked up my friend Natalie for brunch at Loveless Cafe.  Natalie & I worked together years ago & even though she lives in Seattle now, she remains one of my favorite friends & we get together every Christmas while she's in town.  Natalie, I heart you so hard.  Shawtime!


Yesterday, against my better judgement, I went down the street to Nashville West to hit up Target & Publix.  It actually wasn't that bad.  I mean, the parking was a nightmare & I honestly would have been better off to have walked from my house, but it was tolerable once you got inside.

If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I'm gay for brown butter.  I also recently learned from my friend Heidi that European butter has less water & to use that when baking.  So yesterday I bought some fancy unpronounceable butter & made these brown butter cupcakes with chocolate buttercream.  So good!  A few were malformed, so obviously I ate those.  Obviously.


After my dinner of cupcakes, I poured myself a glass of wine & watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  Tis the season!

Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...