February 27, 2013

Birchbox Review: January


Loved this month's products!  Here's what came in my January Birchbox!

amika | Color pHerfection Shampoo
This gentle shampoo contains fortifying omega acids & healing sea buckthorn berry oil to keep your hair color bright & shiny.  Full-size, $22

My Review:  Y'all know I love my amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask.  I've been using it for months, so I was excited to try another amika product.  This shampoo smells just as amazing as the hair mask does.  I love using it.  It's a little pricey for the size, so I don't know if I'll buy it, but I really like using the sample & I'll continue to buy/use their hair mask.

Embryolisse | Lait-Creme Concentre - 24-Hour Miracle Cream
A favorite of models & makeup artists, this cult French moisturizer heals dryness & leaves skin primed for foundation.  Full-size, $16

My Review:  When my friend Gio saw that I received this, he immediately told me how much he loves it.  Gio is a makeup artist & uses this as both a primer & as a moisture mask at night.  He said I'd love it.  He was right.  I use it as a primer under my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.  It makes my face so soft!  I can't tell if it actually helps my makeup stay on longer, but it feels amazing.  Disclaimer:  I have dry skin & I've read that it causes break-outs on people with oily skin.  It didn't with me, but it is pretty heavy.  I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it.  I don't need it, but I do like it & it is just $16...

Juicy Couture | Viva La Juicy
Juicy's charming scent will bring out your inner girly girl.  Wild berries flirt with mandarin & soft floral notes for a fragrance that's fun & happy.  Full-size, $25-90

My Review:  OMGQUITSENDINGMETHISSAMPLE

theBalm cosmetics | Put a Lid On It Eyelid Primer
Keep that pretty eye shadow crease-free with this stay-put primer, which also prevents smudges & smears.  Full-size, $18

My Review:  I actually use an eye primer.  I use Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.  I loved my last sample by theBalm, so I decided to put my Urban Decay aside & try this sample.  They both do a great job of keeping my eye makeup in place, particularly under my eyes, but theBalm sample goes on a lot easier & spreads better.  It seems to absorb into my skin more than the Urban Decay product does.  I think I'm sold.  Smell you later, Urban Decay.  I'm a theBalm girl now!

BEAUTY EXTRA
Juice Beauty | Daily Essentials to Go
Gorgeous skin as easy as 1-2-3 with this trio of organic must-haves:  Cleansing Milk, Antioxidant Serum, & Nutrient Moisturizer.  Full-size, $29

My Review:  I hadn't used this yet, so when I went out of town last weekend, I took it with me.  I couldn't get it open!  I went totes honey badger on it & still couldn't get into it.  With no scissors in sight, I gave up & threw it away.

Back in December, I received Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk.  I didn't review it because I hadn't used it yet.  Well, I used it this month & really liked it!  Like most people that pay out the nose for highlights & color, I try not to wash my hair any more than I absolutely have to.  But because I have full bangs, I pretty much have to wash & restyle my bangs every day.  This product is great for the days when my bangs are clean, but my hair isn't.  I really like that it's a spray application.  It'll take me months to use the rest of this sample, but I'll probably buy this when I run out.

2 comments:

ND said...

You may already know this, but if you tell them that they have already sent you that sample, they will give you 100 points (=$10!). Do it, do it.

The Blonde Mule said...

Oooh, thanks Nichole! I emailed them today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...