January 18, 2013

Birchbox Review: December


Still loving Birchbox.  Here's what came in my December box.

Benefit Cosmetics | it's potent!  eye cream
Feign eight hours of sleep with this peptide-infused eye cream, which helps fade pesky dark circles using cocoa extract.  Full-size, $32

My Review:  Disclaimer:  I love my *eye cream.  That being said, I used this sample.  It was a good size & lasted awhile.  I liked it fine, but I like what I already use better.  It wasn't moisturizing enough for me, but probably is for someone a little younger, or someone who's new to eye cream.

*Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream

Harvey Prince | Hello
Get a glass half full disposition with this optimistic blend of juicy Meyer lemon, white grapefruit, & pink plumeria.  Full-size, $26 - $55

My Review:  This is an interesting scent.  I don't hate it, but I don't love it.  That being said, if anyone wants mine, they can have it.

Klorane | Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
Beloved by celebs, this award-winning oil-buster adds tons of texture & helps revive second-day styles.  Full-size, $18

My Review:  I was excited to receive this, but have yet to use it.  I promise I'll use it soon!

theBalm | Hot Mama
How cute is this peachy blush?  The universally flattering pigment is laced with faint golden shimmer to add warmth to your complexion.  Full-size, $20

My Review:  I had never heard of theBalm pre-Birchbox, but I'm quickly becoming a fan.  I bought theBalm Stainiac a few months ago & I love it.  This new blush, Hot Mama, is great, too.  I'm more of a cream blush/stain girl as opposed to powder blush, but I do really like this color.  Highly recommend either Stainiac or Hot Mama if you're in the market for a new blush.

LIFESTYLE EXTRA
Flo | Atomizer
Use this purse-friendly spritzer to carry your favorite scent with you everywhere.  Full-size, $17

My Review:  Sorry, I haven't used this yet either.  If I do, I'll report back.  I do have a bunch of Jo Malone samples I could put in there.

November Birchbox Follow-Up:

Back in November, I received Kerastase Chroma Sensitive.  I didn't review it because I was waiting until an upcoming highlight appointment to use it.  I used it & I really liked it.  You use it your first three washes after a color appointment & it helps seal in your color.  I gave away one of my two samples, so I only used it my first wash post-color, but I still think it helped.  At $42, I don't know if I'll buy it, but I liked it.  I would, however, recommend it for someone who actually colors their hair, as opposed to highlights, like me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...