February 1, 2013

Emily Owens, M.D.


I've recently learned of & watched a new show that I want to make sure other people know about:  Emily Owens, M.D.  I heard about it months ago on Fresh Air & set my DVR to record it.  I had the entire season recorded, but hadn't watched it yet.  Until I was home sick last week.  Y'all, I watched the whole series in like two days.  It's so good!  I want everyone to watch it.

If you recognize that face above, it's because she's Meryl Streep's daughter, Mamie Gummer.  Emily Owens, M.D. is described as a medical drama, but when I think medical drama, I think E.R.  This is more like a romantic comedy that takes place in a hospital where sometimes something 90% serious happens, sometimes.

It's on The CW & airs Tuesday nights at 8:00pm.  Sadly, like every TV show I like (Friday Night Lights, Political Animals), it's already been cancelled.  But The CW is airing the remainder of the 13 episodes.  The finale airs on February 5th.

Here's an extended promo.  It's 5 minutes long, but I promise if you watch the promo, you'll want to watch the show:



You can watch the 5 most recent episodes on The CW's website.  You can also watch the entire series for free on Hulu.

Go watch this show!

4 comments:

Mary Katherine said...

I started watching this, but then got so behind I let it go. I thought it was really cute. I love her. She was often a guest star on The Good Wife last season and she was awesome.

ND said...

She was also on another canceled (thankfully) dr. program about residents in the jungle. Matt Saracen (Clear Eyes, Full Hearts) was on it too.
We love Ben & Kate (Fox, Tuesdays, pre-New Girl), and it was canceled this season. Boo.

The Blonde Mule said...

MK -- I saw on Wikipedia that she was on The Good Wife, but I don't remember her character. I think you would have really liked Emily Owens MD.

The Blonde Mule said...

Nichole -- Oooh, I didn't even know about Ben & Kate. Why do all the good ones die young?! (Shows, not people.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...