January 28, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up: I Broke My Knee Edition


After being sick with a head cold all week, I ventured out for the first time on Saturday for my friend Cara's baby shower.  It was a gorgeous shower.  Though I miss my marathon training partner, I'm excited to meet mini-Cara soon!


After the baby shower, I headed to Smyrna for my niece Jessica's 4th birthday party.  In typical 4 year old fashion, Jessica wore her Christmas dress & a tiara, like you do.



Jessica got her first Cabbage Patch Kid for her birthday.  I didn't even know they still made these.  And they still come with adoption papers!  This one's name is Aaron Phoenix.  Ha!

I kind of wore myself out, so we ordered Chinese take-out & watched Pitch Perfect on Saturday night. So cute!


Yesterday, our little NOLA training group met to run the 10 mile Bongo to Bongo route.  I only made it to 9.90, but I'll take it on account of I ran 9.90 miles WITH A HEAD COLD & a knee that gave out at mile 5.


When we got the to halfway point yesterday & turned around, my knee started hurting & progressively got worse as I ran the last 5 miles.  It's super swollen & super sore.  I've been icing it & taking Aleve, but it still hurts.

I've had runners knee before & I'm pretty sure that's what this is.  But the other time I had runners knee, I didn't train properly & I am this time.  The only difference is that I'm not doing yoga, but surely that's not it.

Well, I guess at this point, it doesn't even matter what I did wrong, I'm just hurt.  Again.  And I have a half marathon in 4 weeks.  Great.  PT, here I come.  AGAIN.


John was out of the house all day yesterday, so after our 10 mile run, Lana & I went shopping.  Correction:  Lana shopped, I consulted (& limped).  We did well!

I'm going to try to get in to see a physical therapist this week.  I'll report back on my knee.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...