May 21, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up: Birthday Triathlon Edition


On Saturday, I completed my second triathlon, the Cedars Of Lebanon Tri.  It was a 200 yard swim, 10 mile ride & 2 mile run.  My finish time was 1:17, which is way faster than I anticipated.  I messed up my swim & lost time there, but my transitions were super fast & my bike was 15 minutes faster than I thought it would be.  I'm pretty pleased!


I did this race with a whole mess of my friends.  Heidi & I were actually beside each other in the race.  She was 612 & I was 613, so we got to start the swim together & go through the first transition together, which was really nice & calming.  It helps your pre-race nerves to start side-by-side with your friend.


This was the first triathlon Mary Katherine & I did together & since her birthday was on Sunday & mine was yesterday, we dubbed ourselves Team Taurus.  To celebrate our birthdays & our race, Mary Katherine's sweet momma had us over for brunch after the race.  Thank you, Sonya!


As I continue to work on my "non-food rewards", I treated myself (treat yo self!) to a pedicure after my race on Saturday.  I could get used to this!


My friend Rebecca was in town this weekend & she & her husband Jay treated me to an early birthday brunch at Le Peep on Sunday.  Heart you, friend!  YLS


Later on Sunday, I invited my friends to join me for Birthday Sunday Funday!  Everyone in the world came & it was so awesome.  My friend Neil even jumped up on a table & got the entire bar to sing "Happy Birthday" to me, which was hilarious & amazing.


I had a blast.  It's one of the best birthdays I've had in forever.  And it technically wasn't even my birthday yet!  Thanks to everyone who came.  It was awesome!

Full triathlon photostream here.  Full birthday photostream here.

P.S. The running group I run with, East Nasty, named me their East Nasty of the Week (ENOW) yesterday, which is a huge honor.  Read the post here.  Thank you Sarah & thank you East Nasty!  ENFL!

2 comments:

Sarah Shearer said...

I love this SO much! It is always cool and inspiring to see friends push themselves & support each other along the way- and you have just been rocking that on all fronts! Happy post birthday :)

The Blonde Mule said...

Sarah - thank you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...