August 6, 2013

Summer TV



This is a super serious, super heavy post on the important topic of what I've been watching on tv this summer.  To know me is to know my love of television.  THANK GOD I don't have to track my tv watching like I do my calorie consumption.  I always think to myself when I see those 'Kill Your Television' bumper stickers, Oh, you poor, joyless human.

Let's start with the shows I've started & finished:

Freak and Geeks
This show is so good!  I can't believe I waited so long to watch it.  I watched all 18 episodes on Netflix Instant in 1-2 weeks.  It's a teen comedy-drama set in the 1980-81 school year.  Judd Apatow is the executive producer & most of the cast has gone on to become BFD's, e.g. James Franco, Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, etc.  On the surface, it's a show about high school kids listening to Who & smoking doobies, but it's sooo much more.  I already miss this show & am thinking about re-watching it.  Here's one of my favorite clips:



The Americans
I actually recorded The Americans back when it aired, but just recently got around to watching it.  OMG, y'all.  This show!  The first season aired on FX in January, but it just got picked up for a second season.  Yay!  It's a drama created & produced by a former CIA agent.  It's set in the 80's & is about two Soviet KGB officers (read:  spies) posing as a married couple in the suburbs of D.C.  Oh, & their neighbor is an FBI Counter-Intelligence agent.  If you're a fan of Homeland, you'll like this.  And the music is pretty awesome.  John kept coming upstairs while I was watching it & asking, "What are you watching?  They're playing Tusk."

Those are the only two shows I've watched from beginning to end, but there are a three new shows I'm in the process of watching:

Veep
This show is my spirit animal.  I love it so much.  I'm halfway through the second season.


True Blood
I can't stop.  No matter how far HBO strays from the plot line in the books, I keep watching.  I mean, I can't imagine why....  ALEXANDER SKARSGARD.

Project Runway
Oy.  I'm so inexplicably loyal to this show.  I'm still annoyed that it's on Lifetime & I'm still annoyed that it's 90 minutes long, but I keep tuning in.  God, that weird one this season who doesn't believe in hair & make-up?  Come on!  I do, however, like the changes they've made to the runway portion of the show.  I like that they've added Tim Gunn, that they've given him a save & that they look at the outfits up close before deciding.  I just wish they'd cut it back to a 60 minute show.

I've got a few shows recorded that I need to watch:  The Newsroom, Hannibal, & Under the Dome.  I've heard good things about Hannibal.  Anyone else watch it?  I read the book(s), so maybe I'll like it...?

Last, but not least, I've got two shows on my radar that, according to the ENTIRE WORLD, I need to start watching ASAP:  Orange is the New Black & Buffy The Vampire Slayer.  If you're spending your days not in a coma, then you know what Orange is the New Black is, but I'll elaborate on Buffy.  Similar to Freaks and Geeks, Buffy references come up a lot in conversations with friends & I'm realizing I never really watched it.  So maybe I will.  It's on Netflix.  And I'm going to need something to do in two weeks when I'm no longer working out for 4 hours a day.

Anything I left out?

6 comments:

myllstogo said...

You need to get a trainer and watch these while riding your bike! That was you work out AND watch TV! :-) Buffy is one of my go-tos when I'm on the trainer. I've seen most of the episodes, but not in order. So that's what I'm doing now. Up to Season 4.

Natalie Stone said...

Thank you for still watching True Blood. Everyone else makes fun of me for continuing to do so. But I just can't quit!

The Blonde Mule said...

Kristine - I definitely need a trainer. As soon as I find the money, I'm buying myself one.

The Blonde Mule said...

Natalie - I can't quit either. It's just so good/bad.

susi willis said...

Naked Eric keeps me glued...

The Blonde Mule said...

Susi - Agreed! Did you read the books?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...