August 9, 2013

I Don't Know How To Taper!



It's true, I don't know how to taper.  Fellow triathletes, in particular, ones who have done an Olympic distance tri.  How/when do I taper?  My race is next Sunday.  Here is my tentative training plan for the week:

Tomorrow:
Tomato 5K
1600m open water swim

Sunday:
30 mile ride
4 mile run

Monday:
rest

Tuesday:
Hell Class
short ride

Wednesday:
East Nasty run

Thursday:
Hell Class - ?
Pool swim - ?

Friday:
3 mile run - ?

Saturday
rest

Sunday:
race day

Questions:

  1. If this race is on Sunday, what day do I quit working out?  Thursday?  Friday?
  2. Do I need a short ride next week?
  3. Do I need a pool swim next week?
  4. I should skip Hell Class on Thursday, right?

Author's note:  to everyone who read this thinking it would be funny and/or interesting, I apologize.  And yes, that's a picture of a tapeworm.  Because that's how my brain works.  You're welcome.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...