October 9, 2013

Fall Makeup

I have recently run out of most of my makeup.  A year & a half-ish ago, I went to an event at Woo & had my makeup done by a Bobbi Brown artist.  I had never worn Bobbi Brown, but loved what she did, so I bought it & have been wearing it ever since.


(I don't know why my one eye is squinty.)


Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil in Hunter


Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Liner in Ivy & Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Shore

This makeup has been the best stuff I've ever worn.  The cream shadow is my favorite & I'd have a hard time going back to a powder.  The eye pencil is like no other pencil I've ever used.  It's really soft & smooth & not stabby.  The gel liner looks like liquid liner, but is easier to apply.

This makeup has served me well, but I'm completely out of it & I think I want new colors.  I went to Sephora & fished around & these colors don't even exist anymore, so it looks like I have to switch anyway.

I'm pretty sure I've talked about Pixiwoo before because I'm obsessed with their videos, but if not, Pixiwoo is sisters Samantha & Nicola Chapman.  They're UK-based makeup artists who have a very addicting YouTube channel where they go over their favorite products & makeup tutorials.  I love it.  Anyway, Nic recently did a video on her favorite makeup for fall.  At first, her eye makeup looked crazy to me, but then as the video went on, I started to kind of like it....



I can't imagine wearing these colors, but maybe I could jazz my look up a little.  I've been talking makeup a lot lately & a line that keeps coming up is Smashbox.  I've never worn Smashbox, but I know it's a legit brand that a lot of my friends wear.  I've also investigated eye shadow palettes by Naked & Bare Minerals.  The Bare Minerals ones look too shimmery & the Naked ones are pricey.  And they're both shadows as opposed to creams.

I guess at this point, I need to go to either Nordstrom or Woo & ask their Bobbi Brown artist to update my look & go from there.  Life, hard, etc.

I also recently switched up my foundation - well, I almost did.  I've been wearing Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, & I love it, but thought I'd try something new.  I really liked this Jouer Matte Moisture Tint sample I got awhile back via Birchbox, so I ordered it.  I hated it.  It was too matte.  It didn't work.  So I returned it & bought my Laura Mercier again.  P.S. It's kind of a pain to return stuff to Birchbox, FYI.

So the search for new eye makeup continues.  Suggestions welcome.

1 comment:

Christabelle said...

I am NOT a makeup person; I'm a Cover Girl and Maybelline person. That said, the girl who did my makeup for my wedding had me buy a Smashbox 15-hour wear foundation and it did what it promised (stay on all day no prob) so I was impressed. And my hair gal raves about Bare Minerals but I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money to see how it went so I got Everyday Minerals instead and love the results - at half the price! You can get a near-free samples to try, and I also love that they're a smaller company in Texas that makes all of its own products in house (ergo, made in USA). Totally a legit brand (found 'em because they popped up in a bunch of blogs and mags I was reading at the time) but it does suck when they're temporarily out of the color I want.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...